Yoga Teacher Training in Kerala, India
Padmakarma, Kovalam Kerala, India is an ideal place to learn/practice Yoga in the land of its origin, with an authentic, experienced, Indian female Teacher who is renowned for her Yoga and Massage world wide.
Padmakarma is a Registered Yoga School registered with Yoga Alliance USA (School no.148516) and Yoga Alliance UK. Our Teacher Training Programme strictly follow the standards outlined by Yoga Alliance. Our courses are of the highest standards and our graduates may use the title “Registered Yoga Teacher RYT” as a sign of quality training.
This 200 HR (27 Days) comprehensive course qualifies you to teach Yoga world wide as a profession, deepening your personal practice and self discipline and to be a part of the global community which is growing each and every day . This intense life transformative course focuses on the practical application of the Main paths of Yoga – Bhakthi Yoga, Karma Yoga, Jnana Yoga and Raja Yoga (Hatha Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, Tantra Yoga)
Yoga Asanas (Practice & Teaching), Kriyas, Bandhas & Mudras; Pranayama, Mantras, Meditation, Chanting Sanskrit Mantras, Vedanta (Yoga Philosophy), Anatomy and Physiology and its relation/application in Yoga asanas; Introduction to Ayurveda, Yogic diet and Cooking.
In accordance with the standards outlined by Yoga Alliance, our courses cover;
- Techniques Training/Practice: Includes Yoga asanas (Practice & Teaching), Kriyas, Bandhas, Mudras, Pranayama, Meditation, and other traditional yogic techniques.
- Teaching Methodology: Comprises the principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, the student’s process of learning and business aspects of teaching yoga.
- Anatomy and Physiology: Both human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.) and energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc.). Includes both the study of the subject and application of its principles to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc).
- Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers: An in depth study of yoga philosophies, yoga lifestyle and ethics for yoga teachers, and Business aspects of Yoga.
- Practicum: Each student must be actively engaged in the process of teaching, receiving feedback, observing others teaching and hearing and giving feedback. Also includes assisting students while someone else is teaching.
Over 100 Asanas to practice; the Sanskrit names of the Asanas; Teaching Methodology; Art of Hands on adjustment, Postural alignment, common mistakes and how to correct them with proper alignment. Benefits and contra indications of Asanas, Therapeutic Yoga, Kids/Elderly/Pregnancy Yoga.
This 200 HR (27 Days) comprehensive course qualifies you to teach Yoga world wide as a profession, deepening your personal practice and self discipline. This intense course focuses on the practical application of the Main paths of Yoga – Bhakthi Yoga, Karma Yoga, Jnana Yoga and Raja Yoga (Hatha Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, Tantra Yoga)
Teaching methodology and Yoga Ethics:
This in depth Yoga study gives you a firm foundation and confidence to teach and propagate Yoga from Beginner to Intermediate level: to all age groups with utmost confidence , courage & the ability to observe, assist, correct, instruct, demonstrate, motivate, and make correction. Help you to develop your own style, Business aspects of teaching Yoga, How to set up, start and run your own Yoga Studio/classes.
What You learn:
In depth study, understanding, practice and method of teaching Hatha Yoga.
- Basic & Advanced Pranayama, Yogic cleansing – Shad Kriyas, Bandhas & Mudras
- Different types of Sun Salutation – Surya Namaskara
- Sanskrit names of the asana and its explanation
- Learning over 100 poses spread over the following category –Standing, Inversions, sitting, twists, back bends, balancing.
- Learning to teach Yoga from Basic to Advance level to all age group
- Special requirement Yoga for Pregnancy/Children/Elderly/Yoga for Back Pain/and lots more….
- Introduction to Ayurveda and Cooking
- Introduction Yogic Diet
- Chanting and Philosophy of Yoga Sutras/Hatha Yoga Pradeepika/Bhagavad Gita
- Ashtanga Yoga & its 8 fold path
The practice and teaching of Yoga demand a high degree of self – discipline, purity and clarity. The only requirement for this course is a high degree of self motivation and openness to receive! Some knowledge of Yoga Philosophy & Anatomy is helpful but not necessary. To ensure the individual benefit you are requested to be strict vegetarian during the course. Meat, fish, eggs, black tea, coffee, alcohol, tobacco and drugs are prohibited during the course as they are counterproductive to the yoga practice.
Yoga Schedule and Program
SUNDAY – FRIDAY
||Kriyas & Bandhas/Pranayama/Meditation/Silent walk/Puja + Yoga asana Practice|
|10.00am||Vedantha – Yoga Philosophy/Bhagavad Gita/Yoga Sutra/Anatomy
& Physiology, Yoga Ethics
|2.00pm||Teaching Methodology/ Asana Adjustment/Practicum|
|3:45pm||Yoga Asana Clinic /Asana alignment/Bio Mechanics/Practice|
|6.45pm||Satsang – Chanting Mantras/Kirtans/Bhajans and Meditation|
You are expected to arrive one day prior to the course. The course starts on 1st at 6.15 am and finishes with a written and practical exam.
Graduation on 27th at 2.30 pm.
On successful completion, you receive Padmakarma certificate, Registered Yoga School with Yoga Alliance USA (RYS 200Hr) and Yoga Alliance UK which enables you to get registered with Yoga alliance as RYT 200 HR (Registered Yoga Teacher).
200 Hour YTTC Schedule – 2017 – 2018
Due to off season we remain closed during
May, June & July.
January 2 – 27
February 1 – 27
March 2 – 27
April 1 – 27
Aug 1 – 27
September 1 – 27
October 1 – 27
November 1 – 27
December 1 – 27
New batches on 1st of every month..
Course Donation : 1650 USD
(Course fee – Non refundable advance deposit of 350USD while booking, balance amount of 1300USD on your arrival for the course – in any currency – USD, GBP, Euro or INR)
- Yoga Kriya kit, Yoga Manual
Course Donation without Accommodation & food: 1400 USD
Registration – How does it work
- Fill the Registration form.
- We will review your Application Form and a reply will be send to you within 48 hours. If we feel that we are missing some information we will ask you to clarify some points.
- Once you have registered with Padmakarma Yoga your participation will be confirmed and your place secure only after the deposit of the Registration Fee.
- Registration Fee – 350USD Bank transfer – charges from your side.
Please note that the Registrations fees are NOT REFUNDABLE. Consult our Payment Policy.
Accommodation is Simple, clean & comfortable – single occupancy in a double room, safe and secure especially for single female travellers. Either at Padmakarma Yogashala (according to availability) or within minutes’ walk from the Yogashala. Accommodation is intended for those who have genuine interest in Yoga. Each room has en-suite shower and toilet. The rooms have a ceiling fan, bed sheets, pillow cover and towel. If you have any preference, we can arrange your stay accordingly as per your needs or budget.
On your day off you are free to dine outside. There are nice places to visit like – Elephants Rehabilitation Centre in Kottoor; KanyaKumari (Cape Comerin), the southern tip – local Pilgrimage place and tourist destination where the three oceans meet; The Back water Trip; Temple, Trivandrum city etc OR You simply Relax!
Visa for India – For Non-Indians, you need a visa for India. To speed up the process, better to apply for a Tourist Visa. If you require further help/assistance/advice feel free to contact us.
What to Bring:
– A passport size photo, copy of your passport and visa page.
– Comfortable clothes for yoga.
– A torch. (or phone with a
– A Yoga mat. (communal mats
– An umbrella. (during rainy
– Mosquito repellent.
– A pillow. (if you have any
– A pen and highlighter.
– Bathing suit.
– An extra towel (optional,
– Your favorite herbal tea (
– Any necessary medication or
Tips and Things to know
How to reach Kovalam, Kerala, India.
Book your flight to TRIVANDRUM INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (also known as THIRUVANANTHAPURAM International Airport) – Airport Code is TRV, which is 20 km away from Padmakarma. It takes 30 minutes to reach us from the Airport.
For pick up – Please send us your flight details such as Airline Name, Flight Number, Terminal number, Date and Time of your arrival. The Driver will be outside the Arrival Gate with your name or Padmakarma Board.
- Kundalini Yoga by Swami Sivananda.
- Light on Yoga by BKS Iyenar.
- Meditation and Mantras by Swami Vishnudevananda.
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali.
Please note, although meals